I spent today working on a new accessory idea. I only required three pom poms for the necklace, although ended up making over 20 of them in search of the perfect shape/texture. After finding this so called perfect pom pom shape, of course i'd forgotten the different steps I'd taken to get there. oh well, I'm sure I'll find a use for all of those extras. Perhaps as a detachable decoration for my rope body piece?
...a few of the wool pom poms I made before switching to the sheer peachy/nude fabric, although they will probably end up in the from of a necklace also! The oversized brass ball chain is another necklace under construction.
| fabric and brass necklace in progress
the brass chain is vintage so still needs a bit of a clean to make it more shiny and golden.
I've been experimenting with ways to clean brass and so far a mixture of vinegar and water seems to do a good job at removing tarnish.
I get a strange enjoyment out of hanging flowers around the house to dry. The hydrangea and allium varieties being particular favourites. It's nice to think of them as mother nature's pom poms. I'm looking forward to continuing work on these pieces. Hopefully I will have something more to share very soon.
source: personal photographs